A dentist is your go-to person when you want to fix a tooth issue or maintain the health of your teeth and gums. But do you know visiting a dentist can also significantly improve your overall health? Indeed, your oral health has a very real positive or negative impact on both your physical and mental wellbeing. To help you learn more, this post discusses four health benefits of visiting your dentist.
5 November 2021
When most people hear of dental health, they automatically think of general dentists. That's because they are the most common, making up about 80% of all dental care providers. The other 20% involves dental specialists like pediatricians, endodontists, oral pathologists, and prosthodontists. General dentists provide preventive and restorative services, including teeth cleanings, x-rays, sealants, and cavity fillings. Instead of specializing in one area of dentistry, they are trained to handle a wide range of dental procedures and treatments.
5 November 2021
Is your teenage kid's self-confidence waning because they are wearing metal dental braces? Fortunately, more effective and almost invisible dental aligners are available. Polyurethane Invisalign dental aligners are transparent and fit perfectly on each tooth. To install these aligners, an orthodontist starts by scanning the dental structure. It allows molding the braces to perfectly fit the ridgeline of the teeth. It is hard to see these braces unless you look closely.
27 September 2021
If you have a problem tooth, your dentist may advise you to repair it. Part of the repair may contain a dental crown. If you have never had a crown before, you should know why it may be the best option for tooth restoration. Dental crowns have a variety of benefits you need to know about. The following are some of the benefits of getting a dental crown: Dental Crowns Provide Protection
17 August 2021
If your gums bleed when you brush your teeth, you may have problems with gingivitis. Gingivitis is the first stage of periodontal disease, and it is the stage at which the problem can still be cured. Once it moves past gingivitis, your periodontal disease can't truly be cured; it can only be treated so that it doesn't get any worse than it already is. There are a number of treatments that your dentist can use to help treat your periodontal disease.
8 July 2021
Dental implants have a success rate of more than 95% and are one of the most durable teeth replacement solutions. However, the crown attached to implants needs to be replaced every 15-20 years. Here are some signs you need a dental implant restoration. Cracked Crowns The crowns used for dental implants are usually damaged by sudden trauma. Crowns can develop cracks when you bite down on a hard object. Other situations when your crowns can get damaged are during sport accidents and when you have mouth injuries.
26 May 2021
Dentists do their best to keep their patients' teeth healthy. Sometimes dentists need to perform cavity fillings or root canals when a patient's teeth have started to decay. If you need restoration work on your teeth, there are likely several options available to you through a dentist. Some of these options are more inexpensive than others, but every treatment has its pros and cons. Here are four steps you can take when deciding on a particular dental treatment:
15 April 2021
Going to the dentist is something everyone should take seriously. Many people only go when they have problems, while others go every six months as dentists recommend. If you have not had a dental checkup for years, you might be interested in finding a new dentist. When you do, you can schedule a new patient comprehensive examination. You can expect the following things to occur at this visit. They Will Ask You About Your Medical History
26 February 2021
Hearing that you need a root canal while at the dentist can be quite overwhelming. However, if you have an infection inside your tooth, endodontic therapy, also known as a root canal, is necessary. Root canal services remove a tooth's nerves and pulp to get rid of the infection and prevent future damage. While it may seem painful, you'll feel a lot better after the root canal since it is a pain-relieving procedure.
15 January 2021
Many people with misaligned teeth go to their dentist looking for a solution. However, they are often presented with multiple options to pick from. Two common ways to fix teeth that are crooked is to use Invisalign or traditional braces. Here is what you should know about both of these procedures so you can pick the one that works best for you. Invisalign The biggest benefit of picking Invisalign is that the treatment uses clear alignment trays that slip onto your teeth and are hardly noticeable to anyone.
2 December 2020